måndag, mars 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Bertil!

Today it is Bertil’s 61st birthday. We - me, Maria, Anna, Ronnie, Agnes and little Tintin celebrated him yesterday evening.
We ordered pizza, not the most common birthday dinner perhaps, but we just made it simple and easy.
As dessert we had a birthday cake and coffee. We had a nice and well balanced evening, only with our family. Bertil wasn’t up for some big celebration this year.


*******************************************************************************
Friday afternoon the surgeon from Lund that made the surgery on Bertil exactly two weeks ago todday, phoned and told us the result of the tissue biopsy and that was not what we wanted to hear. No good news at all. The tumor was cancer, and it’s possible that it will return some day.
So, now he will get a new appointment to see the doctor right after Easter.
The treatments he will get are radiation and cell toxins/cytostatic in tablet form. He already knows how it is to get radiation.
Today it is exactly eight years since his last radiation period (six weeks) ended. On his birthday!
He has a very rough time ahead of him…again!
Not much we can do about this situation, just accept it and take every day as it comes.
At the moment Bertil is feeling alright, and the wound is healing nicely.
HOPE YOU ALL WILL HAVE A NICE DAY!
TAKE CARE, BOTH OF YOUR SELF AND EACH OTHER!


7 kommentarer:

Carol sa...

Happy birthday Bertil, from Sydney. Eva, I'm so sorry to hear the report wasn't good, it will be a difficult time for Bertil and for you to watch as he has his treatment but you know you have the love and support of your family and friends. You will be in the loving thoughts of so many people. Carol xxoo

Jonna sa...

Stort Grattis Bertil önskar familjen Hautau.

Usch vilket jobbigt besked. Tänker på er.

Kram

Eva Hagbjärn sa...

Thank you
Carol, Jonna and the Hautau family.
XO Eva

Anonym sa...

Kära kusin med make!
Instämmer i att ett roligare besked borde ni ha fått till Bertils födelsedag. Men hoppas innerligt att behandlingen skall gå bra och cancern försvinna med den!
Gratulationer i efterhand och varma hälsningar från kusinen Iris Mariue-Anne med familj.

linda sa...

Dear Eva,
I came across your blog while I was doing a search for my grandfather's family from Hov. I am from the US and I was born in 1951 as well. I do not know how to speak Swedish, so I hope that I am doing this ok. I am sorry to hear of the health problems. I will check back to see how things are.

Eva Hagbjärn sa...

Hi Linda nice to hear from you!
What a coincidence, I almost live in Hov, it's about 3-400 meters from our place.
What was your grandfather's name? Perhaps we, me and my husband or his parents, know who he was.
My parents-in-law are 85 and 89 years old.

Regards /Eva

Eva Hagbjärn sa...

Tack snälla Iris Marie-Anns för din kommentar och födelsedags hälsningen. Den är vidarebefordrad =)

Kram till dig och dina kära föräldrar!